NEW THIS YEAR For Returning Spotlight Students
Registration just got easier! This year, registration for classes at The Spotlight will be done online! You can log in from home and register for classes with a few simple steps. We are very excited to be able to offer this to our families. We believe online registration will be a convenient way to get your student signed up for fall classes without the need to schedule an appointment.
This process is new for all of us, so we’ve tried to provide some steps to help you navigate registration for this season. PLEASE take note of the dates below so that you are prepared when registration opens. We expect classes to fill up quickly, so be ready to log in soon after we open registration.
July 11 Class schedule for 2018/2019 will be posted online – YOU CANNOT REGISTER YET but you can see what’s available and what might fit into your schedule so you are ready on registration day. If you have questions about class placement, please send us an email or give us a call so we can answer your questions for you before registration begins.
July 16- July 18 Registration for all returning students will be done through the student portal. We recommend using a desktop or laptop computer for registration ease, though you should be able to access the portal using a tablet as well.
If you already use the portal, you are all set. We suggest you log in before registration though just to make sure your password works. If you are NOT a regular user of the portal, you will need to get your account updated before registration starts to prevent that taking up your time during registration.
To Do This:
· Under “STUDENTS” go to “STUDENT PORTAL”
· On the log in page, you can click “Reset Password” and a temporary password will be sent to the email we have on file. If you have not given us an email address, please contact us to do so. Your email address is your USERNAME for the portal.
· Once you have your temporary password, you can log in. IMMEDIATELY change your password! The temporary password will expire and you won’t be able to log in using it again. Test your new password once you’ve changed it.
· You should now be able to use the portal to register, view class schedules, make payments and other useful things throughout the year.
ON REGISTRATION DAY:
Registration will open at 7:00a.m. on July 16. Below are the steps you should follow to complete your registration:
· Log in to parent portal
· You will be asked to agree to our policies. You will not be able to register without agreeing to these.
· At the top, click on “Classes and Events”
· Then click on “Find Classes”
· From here, you can sort and filter or simply scroll to the classes in which you want to register.
· When you find the correct class you will need to select which student you are enrolling and then click “add to cart”. ADDING TO CART DOES NOT COMPLETE ENROLLMENT! YOU MUST COMPLETE THE PROCESS TO RESERVE YOUR SPOT.
· Click on the cart icon once classes have been added. If the correct class/classes are in the cart, click “Enroll Now”
· The final step is paying the registration fee. This fee will already be posted to your account and payment is required to hold your place in class.
Once you have enrolled and paid your registration fee, we will be in touch with information about tuition payment options, auto payment options, and other important details you will need for the upcoming year. If any changes to enrollment need to be made, we will discuss those with you.
We know this is an adjustment from the way we’ve done registration in the past, but we truly think this will be an easier and time saving way to get your student(s) registered for class. Thank you for your attention to detail to ensure a smooth registration process. Please contact us with any questions you have about our new online student registration.
Miss Katie & Miss Stephanie